FEATURES OF INTERNATIONAL HONORS PROGRAM (IHP)
International Honors Program (IHP) was established in 2005 and has since grown quickly into a highly competitive institution committed to academic excellence and internationalization. We offer several programs taught in English more than most schools of our size. As a Kainan student, you will enjoy the following:
- Unsurpassed academic learning opportunities
- Rich cultural learning experiences
- Broad perspectives and a global outlook
Kainan University offers scholarship to qualified students who are admitted to the IHP on condition that they are enrolled full-time.
For all IHP Freshman: free tuition and miscellaneous fees.
The scholarship excludes Administrative Fees (food expenses, textbook fees, student insurance fees, National Health Insurance fees, and etc.) and Facility Usage Fees (usage fees of computer and Internet access, language and audio-visual facilities, music and sports facilities, and accommodation fees).
Our highly qualified local instructors are more than 90 percent educated in the West (primarily the United States and Europe). In addition, with 10 percent of our foreign instructors come from diverse backgrounds, such as the United States, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Korea and Singapore.
CLASSES ARE TAUGHT IN ENGLISH
We are proud to offer classes and programs taught entirely in English. We offer a bachelor of Business Administration.
Students who are interested in applying for IHP of Kainan University, please provide following documents as it requires:
- Complete Application Form
- Certificate of English Ability [Entry Qualification, please see below]
- Photocopy of passport
- Diploma, English version
- Transcript, English version
- Financial statement, above 3000 USD, English version
The following documents shall be submitted upon registration:
**(Note:Please write your full name on the description.)
- Acceptance letter
- Passport-size photo * 4
- ★Admitted students are required at the time of registering at KNU to submit the original diploma of his/her highest degree and an official transcript, verified by R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C., in the country where the documents were originally issued. Should there be no overseas office of R.O.C. in the country where the documents were originally issued, the admitted student may contact an overseas R.O.C. office nearest to his or her country or contact the Ministry of Education for document verification.
- ★Insurance: A proof of the National Health Insurance (Taiwan) for those who have studied in Taiwan or a proof of medical and injury insurance (obtained abroad and verified by the
R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad, valid at least for six months after the admitted student arrives).
ducation for document verification.
- .Health Certificate within 3 months.
(It should be verified by the Taiwan’s overseas representative office if the medical exam is done overseas.)
- Financial Statement within 3 months.( USD 3,000)
- Certificate of English Ability (TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, etc.).
- Application fee receipt(NT$2,000).
IHP English Language Requirements
Students who are applying for the International Honors Program must to meet the English language requirements.
||Required Levelfor IHP
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (internet-based)
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (computer-based)
|Test of English as a Foreign Language(Institutional Testing program)
|International English Language Test Score
|Test of English for International Communication
|Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
WAYS TO APPLY:
Apply in person or apply by Email. Please scan all the required documents and email to nc@mail knu.edu.tw
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
- First Period: Before April 15, 2019.
- Second Period: June 1, 2019 to July 31,2019
2019 Kainan IHP Application Form
Health Cetificate for Residence Application