In August 2005, Kainan University Chinese Language Center [Taoyuan Center] was established, then in 2006 launched the next Chinese Language Center in Taipei City [Taipei Center]. Thanks to the convenient traffic network linking with both Taoyuan and Taipei centre, furthermore friendly learning environments, that why, the number of students has grown to more than 100 each year.
Since August 2019, Dr. Yen-Chiu Chen has served as the director of the Chinese Language Center.
The purposes of the Chinese Language Center:
- 1. Planning a complete and professional Chinese language study course.
- 2. Planning a complete and professional teacher training related course.
- 3. Providing a complete Chinese language learning course for the exchange of foreign teachers and students of Kainan University.
- 4. Cooperating with the Ministry of Education, the Overseas Chinese Affairs Committee, the World Chinese Language Education Association and other relevant units to provide Chinese language cooperation plans.
- 1. One Director, one Full-time Executive Director.
- 2. More than 8 Chinese teachers.
The director of the center is a professor of Chinese language, and the chief executive must also be a Chinese language teacher, not a purely administrative employee.
陳燕秋 Yen-Chiu Chen, Ph.D
Ph.D in Chinese Department, Xiamen University, CN
Tel：886 3 341 2500 #6206
- -Start date: According to the rule of the Center, feel free to send mail for asking first
- -Course hours: 150 hours in one period
- -Course fee: $26000 NTD
- -Class time: from Monday to Friday, 9AM to 12AM or 1PM to 4PM, each day 3 hours
- 1. Passport
- 2. High school diploma and transcript
- 3. Financial certificate
- 4. Study plan
- 5. Certificate of language proficiency: TOCFL or TOEIC 350 (depending on country)
- (886-3)341-2500 #4640
- No. 1, Kainan road, Luzhu District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan
- No.6, Section 1, Jinan Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City, Taiwan